Proverbs 3
Over the last few months of the semester, I have poured my heart and soul into cultivating new friendships. I am naturally a very trusting person, and I have put my trust in many of the new people that I have just met. However, I found out yesterday that someone who I trusted very highly has been lying to me about many things. And when this person wasn't lying, they were stretching the truth on numerous topics. It absolutely broke me, as my trust seemed completely shattered. I trust people so much, maybe even TOO much. And the fact that this person had been lying to me all along was completely devastating.
As all this was happening, and the truth was coming out. I realized that God is the ONLY one I can trust. He alone can solve all problems, and he alone is the most trustworthy and honest being to ever know or understand. Proverbs 3:5 says it best: "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding." It does not say, trust in the Lord with part of your heart. It says trust in the Lord with ALL your heart. The scripture goes on to say that as you lean on God, He will make your paths straight before you. By trusting in God, and leaning on His strength, He will guide us in the way we should go. Regardless of all that the world does to try to harm us, He is there to fix us and help us along the way.
God, thank you for being all trusting. Please heal my aching heart, and help me to forgive the person who hurt me. Thank you for reminding me of your trustworthy and righteous ways. Help me to never forget them. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment