Friday, November 13, 2009

God's Grace

Psalm 145 (focusing mainly on verses 8-9)

This past week has been interesting for me, as I have been challenged in many areas. There has been a constant flow of homework due, and I have kept quite busy. There was one assignment that I worked on with another student, and we later found out that this type of working together was unacceptable for the assignment. We felt quite awful about it, and we offered to rewrite the exam. But our teacher had an amazing grace on us, and told us that he honored our integrity for being honest about our mistake. So he gave us a fairly good mark, and didn't make us rewrite the assignment.

I was blown away by this grace shown, and it definitely reminded me of the grace that God offers us. Scripture in Psalms 145 says: "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all; He has compassion on all that He has made." God loves us so incredibly much, and He offers us unbelievable grace throughout all areas of our life. It is our responsibility to live obedient lives, and to use God's grace when it is necessary.

God, thank you for your grace, thank you for your compassion on our lives. Help us to live whole-hearted and obedient lives, walking in your ways. And when we slip up, thank you for being there to lift us up and take us under your wings of grace. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment