Luke 23 & 24
As you can tell, most of my Bible reading can be all over the place. One day I'll read Psalms, the next day I'll read about the birth of Christ. What I have been doing is simply picking a topic that applies to my life at the moment, and researching scriptures and chapters in the Bible that relate to that topic. It's helped me to answer some lingering questions, which has helped me to further my relationship with God.
In studying Luke 23 and 24, I was reminded of the story of Christ's death on the cross, and the miracle of His ressurection. What we do not realize is that Jesus' blood was spilt and poured out for US. For OUR sins! God loved us so much that He sent His ONE and ONLY Son, to be sacrificed for our sins. This is truly amazing, and we should be thankful for this blessing that we have. Because of Jesus' blood being poured for our sins, we now live in grace and the opportunity of accepting eternal life. We don't have to sacrifice lambs so as to cleanse our sins, we just simply have to get on our knees and surrender our lives and ask for forgiveness. God is compassionate and gracious to us, and has given us His Son as an amazing gift for our lives.
This is the most amazing act of sacrifice that can be shown to us, and I believe that everyone should understand how powerful and meaningful Jesus' death was and is. No other person on this earth could hold the power of dying to save the entire world. This is an incredible feat, one that only God can make accomplished. My goal is to share this incredible saving grace with people in my lives. I don't want to see people that I love missing out on heaven and eternal life.
God, thank you for your son. Thank you for the sacrifice that he made on the cross. He is truly incredible, and so are you. Help me to share your word and Jesus' story with people who do not believe. Give them an open heart and help them to receive what is said to them. Be my guide, watch my heart, open lives. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment