Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Strong Tower

2 Samuel 22

There are times in life when we feel weak, or broken. There have been times lately in my own life where I feel inadequate or unable to do certain things. All strength and power that I had before felt as if they had left me. Then God showed me through a song that He IS the STRONG TOWER. The lyrics for that song are as follows:

"Strong Tower"

When I wander through the desert

And I'm longing for my home

All my dreams have gone astray

When I'm stranded in the valley

And I'm tired and all alone

It seems like I've lost my way


I go running to your mountain

Where your mercy sets me free[chorus]


You are my strong tower

Shelter over me

Beautiful and mighty

Everlasting King

You are my strong tower

Fortress when I'm weak

Your name is true and holy

And Your face is all I seek


In the middle of my darkness

In the midst of all my fear

You're my refuge and my hope

When the storm of life is raging

And the thunder's all I hear

You speak softly to my soul

This song, combined with scriptures found in 2 Samuel 22 (especially verse 33), helped me to realize that my strength is not found in me. My strength is found in God, the One who is all-powerful, and all-loving. The One who saved my soul and made me who I am today.

God, thank you for making me. Thank you for lifting me up and keeping me strong. Continue to be my strength, remind me that I can't do this on my own. I want to walk with you and be your obedient daughter. You are gracious, you are kind. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment