Lamentations 3
The scriptures found in Lamentations 3 speak of the negativity that was happening in that time. The author was seeing the negativity, frustrations, and affliction that was troubling their lives at that time. Most of the scriptures refer to negativity, up until verse 21. In verse 21 is when true hope comes, as shown by the author: "Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD." Lamentations 3:21-26
This show that they see hope in God's faithfulness and love them. They know that he has compassion and will not fail them. From this point in the chapter, hope it added into the mix, though there is a period of further negativity throughout. It is good to see that the author trusts God, and knows that God is faithful and just to help us.
The same goes for each person; there is a lot of negativity in this world, but it is important to know that God is faithful throughout these times. He will be there to lift you back onto your feet, dusting you off and carrying you through the rest of life. He will not give up on you, but rather, He will be there each step of the way. Our God is faithful and loving!
Dear God, thank you for being so loving, so kind, and so gentle. Your faithfulness exceeds all we can comprehend, and I am so blessed by it. Teach me your ways, help me to live positively, rather then in a negative manner. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment