Psalm 91
Last night my boyfriend came over so we could spend time together and watch a movie. We had a good time together and eventually it came time for him to go back home. I always ask him to text me when he's home, as he lives 25 minutes away from my house. I waited up for his text, and when it was sent, I found out that his car had been broken into. His ipod, several cds, his registration and insurance papers, and some chords and chargers were all stolen. I immediately felt very angry and upset, especially since it happened at the parking lot right across from my house. But at the same time, I felt protected. My boyfriend usually has a guitar or two in his car, but this time he chose to leave it at our church. He also had a notebook that contained many of his songs on the seat. The theives could have easily stolen that, or the car itself. As difficult as it is to go through, God kept my boyfriend and his car safe.
God does the same for us, He offers us amazing protection, always. What the world takes away is easily made up with God. He protects us from death, from destruction, from pain. All we need to do is rely on Him and give up our lives to Him. Psalm 91 offers great peace and understanding through it's scriptures. Through God, you will not fear, and you will not tremble. You will be lifted up on the wings of angels, and you will be able to fight the devil's ways.
This morning, I made the choice to declare truth in the situation. I was NOT going to let the devil take his place over the school and parking lot across the street from my house. I woke up, got ready for the day, grabbed an umbrella, and walked around the entire school. During that time I looked for anything that may have been stolen from my boyfriend's car, but more importantly, I prayed the blood of Jesus over that school. I prayed for protection, for safety, for attitudes and lives to be changed. I prayed that God's sovereign mercy would fall in that place, and that there would be great peace. It was a very healing time for me, and I felt a peace that I've never felt before. Any anxiety and fear melted away.
God, thank you for your safety. Thank you for keeping us safe, even through times of trouble. Protect us, protect that school, protect my house and all that belongs to me. Keep me feeling peaceful and understanding. Help me not fall into anger, but lead me towards forgiveness. Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment