Thursday, November 12, 2009

Joy of the Lord

Luke 2

With Christmas approaching in a little over a month, I decided to read and study the birth of Christ. It is interesting to understand how uniquely the birth of Christ was arranged. God sent angels, wise-men, and many other people to confirm this birth, and to help create what it is today. A verse I focused on was when the angels said: "do not be afraid, for I bring you good news of great joy, that will be to all people. For on this day, in the city of David, is born to you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord." The angels told the shepherds to not be afraid, for joy and great things will be brought into their lives because of the miracle and saving grace of this new born baby, Jesus Christ.

Without this baby, born to a virgin mother, this world would not be how it is today. God had a unique plan for what the world would look like, and this shows us today how much detail He puts into our lives and this world. He knows exactly what He has planned for this world, and for our lives, and we need to listen to His direction so we can follow in this plan. And in this plan, joy will be given to us, as we follow in His ways.

God, thank you for the joy and grace you have offered in my life. May I be a daughter that follows your ways fully, in understanding of how it will benefit my life. Teach me humility and obedience so I can follow You in the best way possible. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment