Monday, October 19, 2009

Daily Devotional

As part of one of my classes in Bible College, I have been instructed to keep a regular account of my Bible reading and prayer. I have a hard time staying consistent in my daily devotional time, so I believe that having this extra motivation will be beneficial to me.

My favorite passage of scripture: Psalm 63

The chapter begins with a crying out to God. The author writes about being empty and dry, and in a place where fullness seems impossible. But the chapter goes on to a higher note as the author glorify God's name, despite the hurts and difficulties that he was enduring. It finishes by giving a call for others to lift the name of God, and to praise God in everything we do.

For a time in my life, I went through a very dry spell. I had no desire to live, or to do anything. This chapter came as a breath of fresh air, as it began with something I could relate to (brokenness and emptiness) and ended with what I should do rather then mope in my circumstances. I am so grateful that the Bible has made an impact in my life.

Dear Jesus,
Thank You for taking us all out of time of sadness and brokenness, and fixing our lives. Thank You for the Word that You have blessed us with, and with the power that is within this Word. You are truly a great Father.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment